Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We, the employees of HCR ManorCare, are dedicated to providing the highest quality in health care services. By ensuring that patients and residents live with the greatest dignity and comfort possible, we will establish HCR ManorCare as the preeminent care provider, committed to standards of performance which serve as the hallmark of the industry.
This level of performance will require:
- Employee commitment to excellence in health care.
- Attractive, highly functional facilities.
- Clear, appropriate and measurable performance targets.
- A healthy working atmosphere based on sound, uniform policies; clear direction and lines of authority; a responsive management; and unsurpassed employee training.
Satisfying the needs of our most discriminating customers is the truest indicator of how well we are meeting these standards. By meeting them consistently, we will further the success of this enterprise and enhance the future for us all. As members of the HCR ManorCare team, our exceptional performance will create the greatest possibility for personal development and recognition. Through our success, the company will continue to grow and broaden its opportunities in diverse health care markets.
Heartland Hospice provides care to patients wherever they call home: in the house they've lived in for years, a skilled nursing center, an assisted living facility or independent living facility.
Every patient is different, with different challenges, different needs, different family and friends. So the care we give each patient is different.
Heartland volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help. Some interact directly with patients and families. Others prefer to work behind the scenes in the office setting. As a volunteer, you help determine which tasks you’re best suited to perform. The tasks of volunteers include:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading, or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
These and other tasks are why hospice volunteers are such an essential part of the Heartland experience.