Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care
- Health & Medicine
- Veterans & Military Families
Location8241 S Walker AveSte 204Oklahoma City, OK 73139 United States
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care is a community based hospice care organization dedicated to hospice care and focused on meeting or exceeding our patients’ individual medical, emotional and spiritual needs, while making each remaining moment as meaningful as possible.
Possible Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care hospice volunteer opportunities include:
- Activity Volunteers - Provide assistance to patients with activities (i.e., play games, afternoon tea, reading, knitting).
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers - Trained volunteers visit or telephone patients and families at home, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or inpatient units.
- Hair Care Volunteers - Trained patient-care volunteers provide haircuts, shampoos and styling to patients and families. The hair care volunteers must have a current cosmetology license.
- Pet Volunteers - Screened and trained pets and their volunteer handlers visit patients and provide socialization, comfort, and more.
- Music Volunteers - Trained patient care volunteers provide support to the patient and family by singing or playing a musical instrument.
- Photography Volunteers - These volunteers provide comfort and support by taking professional pictures of patients and families. The photography volunteer will provide a picture CD to families.