Spend Time With A Hospice Patient
We are always looking for good volunteers to spend time with our patients. Most of our patients are homebound and have very little contact with the outside world. Volunteers go out and visit with the patients in their home. Sometimes the visits help the caregiver get a break while you're there. Contact us today! We look forward to meeting you!
ALL volunteers must:
- complete a volunteer application & training
- pass a background check
- have a valid driver’s license
If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Cooley.
About Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care
8241 S Walker Ave, Ste 204, Oklahoma City, OK 73139, US
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care is a community based hospice care organization dedicated to hospice care and focused on meeting or exceeding our patients’ individual medical, emotional and spiritual needs, while making each remaining moment as meaningful as possible.
Possible Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care hospice volunteer opportunities include:
- Activity Volunteers - Provide assistance to patients with activities (i.e., play games, afternoon tea, reading, knitting).
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers - Trained volunteers visit or telephone patients and families at home, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or inpatient units.
- Hair Care Volunteers - Trained patient-care volunteers provide haircuts, shampoos and styling to patients and families. The hair care volunteers must have a current cosmetology license.
- Pet Volunteers - Screened and trained pets and their volunteer handlers visit patients and provide socialization, comfort, and more.
- Music Volunteers - Trained patient care volunteers provide support to the patient and family by singing or playing a musical instrument.
- Photography Volunteers - These volunteers provide comfort and support by taking professional pictures of patients and families. The photography volunteer will provide a picture CD to families.
We'll work with your schedule.
8241 S Walker AveSte 204Oklahoma City, OK 73139
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week