Alliance for Smiles
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Health & Medicine
Location2565 THIRD STSuite 237SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94107 United States
Alliance for Smiles is a nonprofit organization committed to creating new smiles for children suffering from untreated cleft lip and cleft palate anomalies. Our dedicated teams of volunteers provide comprehensive treatment including free reconstructive surgery for these often neglected children in underserved areas of the world.
Alliance for Smiles (AfS) was founded in October of 2004 by five members of the Rotary Club of San Francisco who had been involved for ten years previously with cleft lip and palate reconstructive surgery. The mission of Alliance for Smiles (AfS) is to repair children’s broken smiles by providing free comprehensive treatment for cleft lip and palate anomalies in under-served areas of the world.
Alliance for Smiles functions as an international service project with the following goals:
- To provide free reconstructive surgery and dental treatment to children with cleft lip and palate anomalies in underserved areas of the world.
- To establish comprehensive cleft treatment centers in collaboration with local professionals and inspire them to support free interdisciplinary treatment programs.
- To foster an awareness of the necessity to provide timely comprehensive care for all cleft lip and palate anomalies.
- To develop and implement programs to identify causes and support preventive measures to reduce the incidence of cleft lip and palate.
- To create international understanding and goodwill by building bridges of friendship among all people.