Kentucky Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
- Education & Literacy
- Health & Medicine
- People with Disabilities
- Veterans & Military Families
Location400 E Gray StLouisville, KY 40202 United States
Senior Medicare Patrol ( SMP ) helps Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers who have questions about billing issues or believe they may be a victim of healthcare fraud or scams. SMP empowers and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education.
Did You Know?
- $60 - 80 billion tax dollars are lost annually to Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse each year.
- Billing errors are common and can easily be corrected.
- You can help! Medicare Beneficiaries are the first line of defense against healthcare fraud. Learning how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and reporting suspicious activities can help save tax dollars from criminals.
What is Healthcare Fraud?
Medicare fraud happens when Medicare is billed for services or supplies you never got or didn't need. Errors and abuse occur when questionable practices result in unnecessary costs to Medicare.
How Does the SMP Program Help Stop Healthcare Fraud?
SMP staff and volunteers provide presentations and staff events to education older adults about how to prevent, detect and report Medicare fraud. Volunteers can help us with outreach and education.
- Protect, Detect, Report: We teach beneficiaries how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and report suspicious activity.
- Our Presentation Menu lists topics that may be of interest to older adults in your area.
- Medicare Bingo: We have a variety of educational Bingo games that share important Medicare information in a fun way! Call us to learn more!