76 people are interested
Outreach Volunteer - Lexington
ORGANIZATION: Kentucky Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
Please visit the new page to apply.
76 people are interested
Outreach Volunteers set-up SMP display tables at community events such as; health expos, information fairs, etc to increase awareness about Medicare and Medicaid errors, fraud and abuse. Volunteers distribute Personal Healthcare Journals, brochures and other materials, answer basic questions, refer seniors to other resources, and report opportunities for events to the Volunteer Coordinator.
About Kentucky Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
400 E Gray St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
Senior Medicare Patrol ( SMP ) helps Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers who have questions about billing issues or believe they may be a victim of healthcare fraud or scams. SMP empowers and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education.
Did You Know?
- $60 - 80 billion tax dollars are lost annually to Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse each year.
- Billing errors are common and can easily be corrected.
- You can help! Medicare Beneficiaries are the first line of defense against healthcare fraud. Learning how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and reporting suspicious activities can help save tax dollars from criminals.
What is Healthcare Fraud?
Medicare fraud happens when Medicare is billed for services or supplies you never got or didn't need. Errors and abuse occur when questionable practices result in unnecessary costs to Medicare.
How Does the SMP Program Help Stop Healthcare Fraud?
SMP staff and volunteers provide presentations and staff events to education older adults about how to prevent, detect and report Medicare fraud. Volunteers can help us with outreach and education.
- Protect, Detect, Report: We teach beneficiaries how to protect personal information, detect fraud, errors and abuse, and report suspicious activity.
- Our Presentation Menu lists topics that may be of interest to older adults in your area.
- Medicare Bingo: We have a variety of educational Bingo games that share important Medicare information in a fun way! Call us to learn more!
140 E. Main St.lexington, KY 40507
November 22, 2022
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per outreach event
- All Volunteers must complete the SMP Foundations training and pass a nation