Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
How beautiful a day can be When kindness touches it! - George Elliston
Sacred Life Hospice is searching for compassionate individuals willing to donate a little time and friendship to those affected by terminal illness in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. If you are ready to become a part of an amazing program where you can make a true difference, Hospice volunteering is for you.
Volunteers serve as a member of the hospice team by sharing skills and interests in a manner that provides comfort and enriches the quality of life for those served. Volunteers serve on a regularly scheduled basis and provide the following:
Support services - companionship, friendly visiting, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing.
Sharing hobbies and special interests - reading, gardening, listening to music, sports, travel, crafts, etc.
Assisting with errands - grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions and supplies, banking.
Transport patient/family - appointments, shopping, social outings.
Homemaking tasks - light housekeeping, dishes, laundry, meal preparation, child care.
1. Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
2. Successful completion of the hospice's volunteer training and orientation program.
3. Previous volunteer experience may be helpful.
4. Ability to work within the interdisciplinary group.
5. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
At Sacred Life Hospice our Interdisciplinary team of skilled staff care for people facing a life-limiting illness or injury. Hospice care involve's a a holistic continuum of care rendered by professionals and trained volunteers working together as a team to asses and meet patients and families unique needs as the end of life draws near.