11 people are interested
Share Your Talent-Hospice Music Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Sacred Life Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Sacred life Hospice Music Volunteers are volunteers who specialize in sharing songs or instrumental music with patients and their loved ones. Whether the Music Volunteer is sharing an existing musical skill or playing music via the radio or digital device, the goal is to enhance the quality of life of our patients. Often, regularly scheduled visits are requested, however Music Volunteers may also be asked to provide musical visits on an occasional basis for one patient/family or for a group of patients at a facility as outreach for the local hospice agency.
Benefits of Music for Hospice Patients Include:
1. Creating positive emotional changes such as helping to improve mood
2. Help with memory recall by playing songs within a particular genre which can contribute to satisfaction with life
3. Help improve awareness of self and environment
4. Used to alleviate pain
5. Creates a social connection between patients and their family
6. Increases or maintains physical, mental and social functioning
7. Provides a useful tool to ease the body and assist with sleeping
8. Can promote vocal and physical activity
9. Promotes physical rehabilitation
10. Provide relaxation!
Share your talent and help provide all these great benefits to hospice patients! Contact Dehia at (818) 275-4649 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide care to patients in Assisted Living Facilities, Board & Care Facilities, homes etc.
About Sacred Life Hospice
15130 Ventura Blvd, Suite 304, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403, US
How beautiful a day can be When kindness touches it! - George Elliston
Sacred Life Hospice is searching for compassionate individuals willing to donate a little time and friendship to those affected by terminal illness in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. If you are ready to become a part of an amazing program where you can make a true difference, Hospice volunteering is for you.
Volunteers serve as a member of the hospice team by sharing skills and interests in a manner that provides comfort and enriches the quality of life for those served. Volunteers serve on a regularly scheduled basis and provide the following:
Support services - companionship, friendly visiting, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing.
Sharing hobbies and special interests - reading, gardening, listening to music, sports, travel, crafts, etc.
Assisting with errands - grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions and supplies, banking.
Transport patient/family - appointments, shopping, social outings.
Homemaking tasks - light housekeeping, dishes, laundry, meal preparation, child care.
1. Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
2. Successful completion of the hospice's volunteer training and orientation program.
3. Previous volunteer experience may be helpful.
4. Ability to work within the interdisciplinary group.
5. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
At Sacred Life Hospice our Interdisciplinary team of skilled staff care for people facing a life-limiting illness or injury. Hospice care involve's a a holistic continuum of care rendered by professionals and trained volunteers working together as a team to asses and meet patients and families unique needs as the end of life draws near.
Multiple locations Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
May 3, 2022
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months