Sacred life Hospice Music Volunteers are volunteers who specialize in sharing songs or instrumental music with patients and their loved ones. Whether the Music Volunteer is sharing an existing musical skill or playing music via the radio or digital device, the goal is to enhance the quality of life of our patients. Often, regularly scheduled visits are requested, however Music Volunteers may also be asked to provide musical visits on an occasional basis for one patient/family or for a group of patients at a facility as outreach for the local hospice agency.
Benefits of Music for Hospice Patients Include:
1. Creating positive emotional changes such as helping to improve mood
2. Help with memory recall by playing songs within a particular genre which can contribute to satisfaction with life
3. Help improve awareness of self and environment
4. Used to alleviate pain
5. Creates a social connection between patients and their family
6. Increases or maintains physical, mental and social functioning
7. Provides a useful tool to ease the body and assist with sleeping
8. Can promote vocal and physical activity
9. Promotes physical rehabilitation
10. Provide relaxation!
Share your talent and help provide all these great benefits to hospice patients! Contact Dehia at (818) 275-4649 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide care to patients in Assisted Living Facilities, Board & Care Facilities, homes etc.
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months