Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank, formerly The Crisis Center, is a volunteer-driven organization based in Iowa City, IA that provides immediate and non-judgmental support for individuals facing emotional, food, or financial crisis.
A crisis can be anything - problems with family or friends, lack of food, financial emergency, divorce, serious illness, roommate trouble, school-related stress, substance abuse struggles, suicidal feelings... the list is endless. Or it could be a series of small problems that together have become overwhelming.We Can Help
When any situation has become too difficult for you to cope with alone, we can help. Everyone at CommUnity is passionate about treating those in crisis as valuable human beings.
CommUnity provides immediate support through our Crisis Intervention, Food Bank & Emergency Assistance, and Community Intervention Programs.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line - emotional support, information, referrals by phone
- Food Bank - weekly supplemental food bags
- Emergency Assistance - limited financial assistance to avoid eviction or loss of utilities
- Community Programs - support, training and services for individuals, groups and businesses
- Disaster Recovery & Relief - from natural disasters that affect the community