Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
CommUnity's vision is that every individual in Johnson County, Iowa, has support in a time of need. What is a crisis? When a situation, emotion or stress has become too great to cope alone. Through our dedicated corps of volunteers, emotional or material assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Crisis Center is the only CONTACT USA accredited agency in Iowa. We want to be your first call in Johnson County
A crisis can be anything - problems with family or friends, lack of food, financial emergency, divorce, serious illness, roommate trouble, school-related stress, substance abuse struggles, suicidal feelings... the list is endless. Or it could be a series of small problems that together have become overwhelming.We Can Help
When any situation has become too difficult for you to cope with alone, we can help. Everyone at CommUnity is passionate about treating those in crisis as valuable human beings.
CommUnity provides immediate support through our Crisis Intervention, Food Bank & Emergency Assistance, and Community Intervention Programs.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line - emotional support, information, referrals by phone
- Food Bank - weekly supplemental food bags
- Emergency Assistance - limited financial assistance to avoid eviction or loss of utilities
- Community Programs - support, training and services for individuals, groups and businesses
- Disaster Recovery & Relief - from natural disasters that affect the community