4 people are interested
CommUnity Volunteer Delivery Driver
ORGANIZATION: CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Starting location is at our Food Pantry in Pepperwood Plaza: 1045 HWY 6 E, Iowa City.
The role of this volunteer is to deliver food boxes to clients living in Iowa City and Hills, IA. Each day a new delivery route is created by staff and given to volunteers. Those who sign up to volunteer will drive alone. While the amount of deliveries can vary from day to day, volunteers are welcome to finish out their shift at Pepperwood Plaza if they finish deliveries early. A reliable vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required.
Review the following information before arriving at your shift:
- Only volunteers age 18+ may sign up for delivery shifts
- Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs
- Shift ranges from 1-4pm but if delivery numbers are low you may finish out your shift at Pepperwood
If you are volunteering with CommUnity Food Bank for the first time, please arrive to your shift 15 minutes early to review procedures and answer COVID-19 screening questions.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- afternoon / 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank
1121 Gilbert Court, Iowa City, IA 52240, US
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is a volunteer-driven organization based in Iowa City, IA that provides immediate and non-judgmental support for individuals facing emotional, food, or financial crisis.
A crisis can be anything - problems with family or friends, lack of food, financial emergency, divorce, serious illness, roommate trouble, school-related stress, substance abuse struggles, suicidal feelings... the list is endless. Or it could be a series of small problems that together have become overwhelming.We Can Help
When any situation has become too difficult for you to cope with alone, we can help. Everyone at CommUnity is passionate about treating those in crisis as valuable human beings.
CommUnity provides immediate support through our Crisis Intervention, Food Bank & Emergency Assistance, and Community Intervention Programs.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line - emotional support, information, referrals by phone
- Food Bank - weekly supplemental food bags
- Emergency Assistance - limited financial assistance to avoid eviction or loss of utilities
- Community Programs - support, training and services for individuals, groups and businesses
- Disaster Recovery & Relief - from natural disasters that affect the community
Multiple locations Iowa City, IA 52240
September 19, 2023
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- People 55+