Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To create successful homeownership by partnering hardworking families in need with the community to build healthy, affordable homes.Our Values
- Diversity and Inclusiveness - We believe that all people deserve a simple, decent place to live, and have something to contribute in building homes and helping our communities. We welcome people from all walks of life to partner with our program.
- Homeownership - We believe in the power of homeownership to affirm dignity, encourage hope, and transform lives. A healthy, stable home improves the quality of life, both for the family and the community.
- Families as Partners - We believe that dignity is promoted not simply by living in an adequate house, but by fully contributing to the process of building and buying that home and helping others acquire adequate shelter.
- Volunteerism - We believe in the volunteer spirit and are committed to offering rewarding volunteer experiences.
- Stewardship - We are committed to excellence, to efficient use of our financial, environmental, and human resources, and we are accountable to our funders, volunteers, and family partners.
- Collaboration - We strive to create strong, productive partnerships with organizations and area housing providers toward our common goal of eliminating substandard housing.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East serves Multnomah County and northern Clackamas County and has the ability to reach out to families one step away from homelessness. Habitat sells homes to hardworking people in need of decent, affordable housing. We are an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a non-denominational Christian housing ministry and global home-building movement. We welcome people from all walks of life to partner with our program to serve families in need with generosity, humility and love.