Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To empower poor people in Uganda, especially women and children, to overcome poverty through: income-generation activities, education and training, as well as other community empowerment endeavors.
Our empowerment activities include:
- Income-generation activities include:
1. provision of internal revolving loan funds
2.marketing of the Ugandan women's craft products in the U.S. and Canada
3. business development assistance
Education and training activities include:
1. child sponsorship program for over 200 children
2. girls' education initiative program to keep girls in school
3. training programs for women as well as teachers
Community empowerment programs include:
1. partnering with a northern Uganda community on its primary school which has over 700 students and 18 teachers
2. partnering with a northern Uganda community on a clinic serving over 6000 people
3. assisting our Jinja women's group with a home ownership program to provide women a decent place to live where they can stabilize their lives
Prior to working with OU, our women participants were normally living on less than $2 per day, and were supporting 8 to 10 children and orphans in their households. Many are widows whose husbands died in the war, or from AIDS.
We do not give handouts but work on building capacity and encouraging those we work with to help themselves.
Outreach Uganda accepts donations. Donate Now.