POW! power Of We!
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Arts & Culture
- Board Development
- Children & Youth
Location135 Calyer streetBasementBrooklyn, NY 11222 United States
POW!, Power Of We! is a young and emerging nonprofit organization providing free enrichment programs to children of all abilities, ages and backgrounds. We focus on inclusion.
We are a young organization providing various free enrichment programs to children of all abilities, ages and backgrounds. We are based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We already have a growing, vivid community, even though we are just starting! The Pandemic put a harsh stop to our in-person focused approach. We are getting ready to run our next in-person programs. We currently offer a mix of music, art, dance, yoga, playful movement, story telling, soccer, PlayABILITY. We want to expand our programs and ages.
We are in need of more volunteers! We need:
- musicians of all sorts!
- gymnastics, yogis, dancers, dance therapists, trained or learning PT, OT, PE, APE, any sports person that has motivational skills, is patient and likes fun)
- teachers (in-training, practicing, retired, p-k-12..) who have extra energy and a fond portion of highly valued experience, humor and wisdom
- artists of all sorts (yes!)
- psychologists (kids, family, individual)
- social worker
- early childhood specialists
- computer- design-& tech. wizards
- fundraiser, bookkeeper, program coordinator, program designer, coaches of all sorts, inclusion specialists(!),...and many more.