21 people are interested
Dance therapy/ Running and playful movement 2023- dance therapists, adaptive Athletes, therapists
ORGANIZATION: POW! power Of We!
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
POW!, Power Of We!
We are an emerging nonprofit organization that provides free enrichment programs to children of all abilities, backgrounds and ages.
We currently are in search of volunteers who would love to become a coach to lead movement activities for neuro diverse- and typical developing children, ages 2-14ish. If you have any previous experiences this is a plus, if not we will guide you!
Since the Pandemic, we respond to a noticeable need of movement amongst kids as fostering a sense of inclusion and belonging and developing social skills.
Most families are available on Saturdays, so this is our primary focus right now.
- we look for experienced and witty with children instructors in:
- yoga - all ages
- Dance, Dance therapists
- PE and APE
-.... neurodevelopmental movement knowers
- ....you name it!
If this sounds like something you would love to do, please join our POW! programs as a volunteer! Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org / subject: Volunteermatch - coach
09:45 AM to 01:00 PM
Saturdays, 1 hr shifts
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
9 More opportunities with POW! power Of We!
About POW! power Of We!
135 Calyer street, Basement, Brooklyn, NY 11222, US
POW!, Power Of We! is a young nonprofit organization providing free enrichment programs to children of all abilities, ages and backgrounds. We focus on inclusion.
We are a young organization providing various free enrichment programs to children of all abilities, ages and backgrounds. We are based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We already have a growing, vivid community, even though we are just starting! We currently offer a mix of music, art, dance, yoga, playful movement, story telling, soccer, PlayABILITY. We now added free tutoring. We want to expand our programs and ages.
We are in need of more volunteers! We need:
- musicians of all sorts!
- gymnastics, yogis, dancers, dance therapists, trained or learning PT, OT, PE, APE, any sports person that has motivational skills, is patient and likes fun)
- teachers (in-training, practicing, retired, p-k-12..) who have extra energy and a fond portion of highly valued experience, humor and wisdom
- artists of all sorts (yes!)
- psychologists (kids, family, individual)
- social worker
- early childhood specialists
- computer- design-& tech. wizards
- program developer with focus on inclusion, geared towards school ages.
- fundraiser, bookkeeper, program coordinator, program designer, coaches of all sorts, inclusion specialists(!),...and many more.
66 Nassau AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11222
March 15, 2023
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Fitness Instruction
- Outdoor Recreation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Saturdays, in between 10 AM- 4 PM. Once per week 1-2 hours/ midweeks +-5 PM.
- Must participate in training (online and life-online)