REMOVING THE STIGMA
- Board Development
- Crisis Support
- Veterans & Military Families
LocationPO BOX 21362SOUTH EUCLID, OH 44121 United States
To educate, empower, cultivate hope, and promote mental and emotional wellness, while removing the stigma associated with mental illness and suicide.
Removing The Stigma (RTS) is a grassroots non-profit organization founded by Denise Holcomb in 2015. RTS focuses on mental illness and suicide prevention awareness. The mission of RTS is to educate and bring awareness to the African American community about mental illness and introduce the concepts and foundations of suicide prevention and awareness. We collaborate with other similar organizations to offer:
- Support Groups for caregivers who care for individuals with mental illness
- Training on mental and emotional health and suicide prevention
- Faith-based Mental and Emotional Wellness Groups for Men and Women
- We developed a web-based platform on the RTS website which mainly houses resources for the community.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Ohio Chapter
NAMI of Greater Cleveland
Mental Health & Addiction Advocacy Coalition
Copeland Center for Wellness and Recovery
National Empowerment Center
H.O.P.E. Alliance in Singapore, Asia
Emerge Coaching Network
Executive Director Denise Holcomb received the NAMI Scott Adamson Memorial in May 2021 for her leadership achievement in the community as a Mental Health Peer.