CROSSING PARTY LINES INC
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Education & Literacy
Location57 W 57TH ST 4TH FLNEW YORK, NY 10019 United States
The Crossing Party Lines mission is to create open dialogue between Americans with dissimilar ideologies in order to increase tolerance, build communities and encourage civic engagement. We serve all Americans, regardless of socioeconomic status / ethnicity / politics / age / gender / religion.
Crossing Party Lines (CPL) provides opportunities, training, and support for civil, respectful discourse between Americans with dissimilar ideologies. Our primary offering is the CPL meetup: regularly scheduled, facilitated meetings to which all are welcome. At our meetups, attendees discuss current hot topics while facilitators focus the meetings to teach and model skills and create a safe space for members to:
- Be heard by and listened to by people with different political views.
- Express views without negative repercussions.
- Learn from one another through active listening.
- Develop curiosity about perspectives that may be new and unfamiliar to them.
- Find connection with members who espouse different views.
- Develop skills required for civil, respectful discourse.