- Arts & Culture
- Health & Medicine
- People with Disabilities
Location95 Kawananakoa PlHonolulu, HI 96817 United States
Hale Kūʻike has three long-term residential care homes that specializes in memory care. Located in Nuuanu, Pali and Kaneohe, our homes offer a caring and supportive environment for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia related illnesses. Our goal is simple: to help change the standard of care for those with memory impairments in Hawaii by serving as a model memory care residence. With extensive local healthcare experience and a commitment to excellence, Hale Kūʻike strives to be on a par with the finest in the nation. The meaning of "Kūʻike" is to understand.
We need you! Your time and energy mean a great deal to our success and support for individuals in our homes that are living with dementia.
Volunteers have the opportunity to engage with residents, The following are examples of day and weekend volunteer opportunities offered, and supported by staff members:
- 1:1 Friendly visits and companionship
- Assist with special events
- Help residents with manicures
- Flower arranging
- Assist or lead art, dance, music, or exercise classes
- Prepare greeting cards for family members
- Dine and socialize with residents
- Sensory stimulation and hand massages
- Program/event set-up
- Reading group/book club
- Bible study
- Assist or lead craft projects
- Sing or play an instrument
- Gardening (raised bed plant and garden care)
- Cooking (prepare snacks and serve food and beverages, coordinate cooking classes)
All volunteers are required to complete an application, interview, and attend orientation and training. A 2-step TB test is also required by the Department of Health.
For questions about volunteering and to acquire an application, please contact Dorothy Colby at 808-595-6770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.