Volunteers are needed to teach english to Tibetan refugees in Dharamsala, Northern India, the centre of the Tibetan exile government and the residence of H.H. Dalai Lama.
As a volunteer english teacher, you will work alongside permanent teachers to offer a chance of further education to young Tibetan adults. The main goal is to educate Tibetan refugees in India, in order to improve their work perspectives once they are back in Tibet. The school provides all meals and accommodation (private room).
English is either your mother tongue or you are very fluent in spoken and written English
Teaching TEFL qualifications and teaching experience are very much preferred
Readiness to contribute
2 months minimum, but 3 months or longer is better (Under certain circumstances we can accept one month, but this is uncommon.)
Readiness to live under simple conditions
At least 20 years old with a flexible, mature outlook
Most volunteers join for 3 months and longer, but up to 6 months is preferred.
1st August to 31st October 2014
1st November to 31st January 2015
1st February to 30th April 2014
1st May to 31st July 2015
1st June to 31st August
You will receive accommodation and food at the school every day, and small pocket money every month. There is a one-off application fee of 110 for those volunteers who apply and are accepted on the programme.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 2 Months or longer
- Teach in Cambodia
- Tibetan Teaching Programme
- Marine Conservation & Community...
- Nature's Valley Volunteer...
- Galapagos Community &...
- Watamu Turtles, Keyna
- Dharamsala Community Project,...
- Volunteer to Teach in Costa Rica
- Shamwari Game Reserve,...
- Environmental Education and...
- Teach English in Rural Thailand
- Native Forest Volunteer Project,...
- Volunteer to Teach English in Laos
- Bear Tracking Volunteer Project,...
- Dolphin Research Project, Namibia
- White Wilderness Wolf Tracking,...
- Big Cat Sanctuary Volunteer...
- Cloud Forest Conservation &...
- Caribbean Reef Buddy Diving...
- Amazon Basin Research &...