Unique volunteer experience with Lehigh Valley Hospice
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
97 people are interested
Are you at a point in your life where you want to do something meaningful that helps others? Have you had a personal loss of someone who received great hospice care? We are looking for people just like you! Contact us today to find out more. As a volunteer, your support may include:
- Companionship for the patient
- Respite/Relief for primary caregivers
- Emotional support for families
- Bereavement support
- Clerical help for the Hospice office
- Assistance with errands or "light" household tasks
- Veterans for Vetrans support
All classes are through online portal or taught by Hospice personnel and are designed to help volunteers understand the Hospice concept of care, acquaint them with the dynamics that are unique to each family, spiritual dynamics of dying, grief and bereavement issues, sharpen listening and communication skills, and familiarize them with the stages of death.
We'll work with your schedule.
2024 Lehigh StSuite 100Various locations Lehigh & Northampton CountiesAllentown, PA 18103
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week