Volunteers with great customer services skills are needed to help our neighbors at our food shelf. Available shifts are Wednesdays 9am-6pm and Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays 9am-3pm. Individuals can either volunteer for a short amount of time or for a sustained commitment for a whole day or a half day once a week. Volunteers must be able to lift 25 pounds (canned goods, potato sacks, etc).
Volunteers will help assist customers with registration, getting their food and bagging their groceries. Volunteers also help maintain the food shelf by organizing food deliveries, stocking the shelves and cleaning the facilities. Volunteers are needed in this role because there is always work to be done in the food shelf and the benefit is knowing that you are helping the residents of North Minneapolis.
Do you speak Somali, Spanish or Hmong? Come flex those language skills while helping our customers!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- once a week
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Volunteer Services Program...
- Computer Savvy? Lend your skills...
- Receptionist Intern
- Hmong Health Outreach Volunteers...
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Men's Health Community Outreach...
- Children's Book Shelf Assistant
- Food Shelf Assistant
- Mobile Food Shelf Volunteer...
- May is Mental Health Awareness...
- Produce Distribution - Great...