Volunteers with great customer services skills are needed to help our neighbors at our food shelf. Available shifts are Wednesdays 9am-6pm and Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays 9am-3pm. Individuals can either volunteer for a short amount of time or for a sustained commitment for a whole day or a half day once a week. Volunteers must be able to lift 25 pounds (canned goods, potato sacks, etc).
Volunteers will help assist customers with registration, getting their food and bagging their groceries. Volunteers also help maintain the food shelf by organizing food deliveries, stocking the shelves and cleaning the facilities. Volunteers are needed in this role because there is always work to be done in the food shelf and the benefit is knowing that you are helping the residents of North Minneapolis.
On Fridays we provide a Mobile Food Shelf and are looking for a volunteer who can assist with our food delivery 1-5pm.
On Saturdays we pick up a food donation from a local grocery store and need a strong volunteer who can lift 25 pounds to pair with one of our staff members 9am-11am.
Do you speak Somali, Spanish or Hmong? Come flex those language skills while helping our customers!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- once a week for whole or half day shift
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- Toys for Tots Registration in...
- Nutrition Education for Children
- Hmong Health Outreach Worker...
- Mobile Food Shelf Volunteer...
- Toys for Tots Distribution...
- Volunteer Program - Outreach...
- Food Shelf Data Entry and...
- Community Health Outreach...
- Computer Lab Coaching Volunteer
- Volunteer Hospitality Greeter
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Men's Health Community Outreach...
- Children's Book Shelf Assistant
- Food Shelf Assistant -...
- Free Bikes 4 Kidz at NorthPoint
- Nutrition Education Volunteer