Our ideal volunteer will be interested in the nursing field, will be friendly, able to provide customer service with a smile, be self-motivated, energetic, dependable, reliable, punctual and detail oriented.
** Must be a current nursing student or have a nursing certificate/degree**
Service Duties Include;
- Greet members as they enter the department
- Orient the patients to their room upon admission
- Round (check-in) on patients
- Act as a companion for appropriate patients
- Deliver blankets, twels, washcloths, beverages as approved, read to the patient or provide magazines
- Ensure that Care Boards are updated and accurate
- Answer call lights
- Complete ancillary support tasks as requested by the Ward Clerk/Charge Nurse
- Accept deliveries (Supplies, flowers)
- Assist with transportation of discharged patients to their vehicles
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 four hour shift per week / 200 hours annually
- Care Partner - Internal Medicine...
- Music Volunteer (Acoustic...
- Neurology Department Volunteer
- Care Partner - Oncology/...
- Cardiology Support Volunteer
- Care Partner - Intensive Care Unit
- Concierge - Employee Health...
- Dialysis/Nephrology Volunteer
- Public Affairs Volunteer
- Care Partner - Post Partum...
- Pediatric Clinic Volunteer...
- Red Vest Concierge Volunteer
- Care Partner - Maternal Child...
- Care Partner - Family Medicine...
- Admissions Department Volunteer
- Human Resources Volunteer
- Materials Management Volunteer
- Care Partner - ICSU Department
- Surgical Waiting Area Volunteer...
- Care Partner - Nursing Floors