483 people are interested
Maternal Child Services - Silver Angel Role
ORGANIZATION: Kaiser Permanente LAMC
Please visit the new page to apply.
483 people are interested
Service Duties include:
- Patient Rounding to ensure comfort
- Serve as liaison between patient and nursing team
- Orient the patients to their room upon admission.
- Provide bedside companionship and support through activities
- Deliver blankets, towels, washcloths, beverages as approved, read to the patient or provide magazines and books.
- Ensure Care Boards are updated and accurate.
- Answer phones and call lights
- Support and/or complete ancillary support tasks as assigned by the Ward Clerk/Charge Nurse.
- Assist with Patient Deliveries
- Assist with Patient Discharges
- Assist with Patient Mobility
- Supper Staff with Care Experience Projects
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Service - Monday - Sunday Shifts: 8:00 - Noon, Noon - 4:00 and 4:00 - 8:00 p.m., 8:00 - Midnite, Midnite - 4:00 AM and 4:00 AM - 8:00 AM
31 More opportunities with Kaiser Permanente LAMC8 Reviews
About Kaiser Permanente LAMC
4867 Sunset Blvd, Volunteer Services Department, Los Angeles, CA 90027, US
The Volunteer Services Department at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center was established to develop and maintain a caring, compassionate and efficient volunteer staff who offer an extra dimension of care and services to our members and their families without replacing any paid positions throughout the Medical Center campus.
The Los Angeles Medical Center (LAMC) Volunteer Services Department consists of over 800 volunteers, donating thousands of hours in 40 different areas of the hospital, mostly in patient care areas. Kaiser LAMC is the Tertiary Center for all of the So. Cal Kaisers, our specialties include the Heart Center, Stroke Center, Neuro Center and many more. We also are one of three Pediatric Specialty Care Centers for Kaiser Permanente So Cal.
Our volunteers experience a high level opportunity to interact with our members whether it be at the front desk greeting and checking in our members or as a Care Partner in the nursing units.
Our volunteers get first hand experience interacting with our physcians, nurses and other healthcare professionals, who are invested in growing the next generation of healthcare providers.
Steps to become a Volunteer:
A commitment of 200 hours per year served our patients needs best. Prior to applying to be a volunteer, please ensure that you can help out for the entire 200 hours required.
To obtain an application please copy and paste the following URL and submit to the volunteer office: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=2054278339
4867 Sunset BlvdVolunteer Services DepartmentLos Angeles, CA 90027
April 16, 2023
- Patient Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum = one 4-hour shift / Maximum = four 4-hour shifts each week