Our ideal volunteer will be friendly, customer service friendly, self-motivated, energetic, dependable, reliable, be interested in a nursing career, be reliable, punctual and detail oriented.
Service duties include:
- Round on waiting room and ensure that it is clean and stocked for members.
- Orient the patients to their room upon admission
- Round (check-in) on patients
- Act as a companion for appropriate patients
- Deliver blankets, towels, washcloths, beverages (as approved), read to patients or provide magazines and books.
- Ensure that Care Boards are updated and accurate.
- Stock tea cart and offer tea, coffee, cookies to our members.
- Answer phones and call lights
- Support and/or complete ancillary support tasks assigned by Ward Clerk or Charge Nurse.
- Accept deliveries (flowers, packages)
- Assist with transportation of discharge patients from room to car.
- Transport lab specimens as required
- File and Photocopying
Hours of Service: Monday - Sunday Shifts: 8:00 - Noon, Noon - 4:00 or 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 four hour shift per week/ 200 hours annually
- Music Therapy Volunteer...
- Neurology/ Neurosurgery...
- Pharmacy Volunteer
- Care Partner - Oncology/...
- Cardiology Support Volunteer
- Food & Nutrition Services...
- Care Partner - Intensive Care Unit
- Employee Health Services Volunteer
- Dialysis/Nephrology Volunteer
- Home Health Clerical Volunteer -...
- Pet Therapy Volunteers - Paws of...
- Care Partner - Post Partum...
- Engineering/Facilities Volunteer
- Red Vest Concierge Volunteer
- Care Partner - Maternal Child...
- Admissions Department Volunteer
- Materials Management Volunteer
- Care Partner - ICSU Department
- PACU Surgical Department...
- Care Partner - Nursing Units