Liberty State Park is a local treasure, volunteer to maintain this beautiful park while enjoying wonderful views of the harbor, Lady Liberty, and Ellis Island. Volunteers are needed to do various gardening projects including weeding, mulching, removing invasive botanical species and planting.
This is a rain or shine project!
We will email a map of where to meet the day before the project. Please call us if you did not receive the email on Friday before 3pm.
Wear closed toed shoes/boots
Wear long pants instead of shorts to protect yourself while gardening
Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
Bring a hat
Bring work gloves if possible
Bring water and snacks
Wear insect repellent and sunscreen
This is a labor intensive project
NOTE: To participate in this project
you must be a Jersey Cares volunteer.
To sign up as a Jersey Cares volunteer:
1. Visit www.jerseycares.org
2. Click on "Log-In"
3. Click on "Not a Member? Register"
4. Fill out all necessary information.
5. Register for a project!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Marketplace in East Brunswick
- Plant it Forward in Newark
- Mobile Meals in Paterson
- Plant it Forward in Clifton
- Donation Clean Up in Belmar
- Mobile Meals in Elizabeth
- Social Media Moguls in Livingston
- Donation Delivery in Belmar
- Plant it Forward in Montclair...
- Earth Keepers in Jersey City...
- Supper Club in Bridgewater
- Hunger Helpers in Camden
- Earth Keepers in Watchung...
- Bingo Time with Veterans in...
- Kiddy Care in Madison
- Marketplace in Paterson
- Book Buddies in Wayne
- Hunger Helpers in Hoboken
- Earth Keepers in Manchester
- Behind the Scenes with Jersey...