Executive Assistant at Exciting Environmental Nonprofit!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where152 South StreetNorthampton, MA 01060
Remineralize the Earth
Remineralize the Earth (RTE) promotes the use of finely ground rock dust and sea-based minerals to restore soils. Through our education and outreach, projects, research, and advocacy, RTE facilitates a worldwide movement that brings together gardeners and farmers, scientists and policymakers, and the public to regenerate soils and forests around the world, increase the nutritional quality and yield of food, and stabilize the climate through carbon sequestration.
Looking for an assistant to work along with the Executive Director of international nonprofit organization Remineralize the Earth, whose office is just a short walk from downtown Northampton.
Description of potential projects/tasks:
- We work with lots of volunteers worldwide and you will learn how to work with our project management system (Basecamp) and work together on developing documents.
- Experience with grant writing, fundraising and other nonprofit management skills would be great, but not necessary.
- An opportunity to learn a lot about the workings of a nonprofit organization. Particularly interested in students who are considering a career as non-profit professionals or are committed to environmental activism or have a science and environmental background.
- Assistant will work on our website, write and edit articles and other additions to the website, including the research section.
- Will communicate through letters and emails with remineralization scientists and companies, international coordinators, and other ongoing networking.
- Possibility of searching the Internet for resources to fill databases for remineralization research and worldwide rock dust sources.
- Possibility to create your own projects based on your level of interest.
- Some work may involve non-profit administrative work such as organizing files, filling out forms, etc.
- Other skills (not required but greatly appreciated!): CSS, Joomla, web programming. Knowledge of additional languages.
Please email us your resume and/or LinkedIn URL and let us know how many hours per week that you would like to volunteer for RTE and some good times to speak with you and we will get back to you with a time. Skype to Skype is preferred or otherwise, we will call you on your telephone number from Skype.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Remineralize the Earth
152 South Street
Northampton, MA 01060 USA
Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Basic Computer Skills
- Program Management
- Reading / Writing
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-20 hours per week
- Time commitment depends on availability
More opportunities with Remineralize the Earth, Towards a Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and Climate
- Promoting Nonprofit Through...
- Grant Writing: Help our...
- Research Database Coordinator...
- Fundraiser for Exciting...
- Executive Assistant at Exciting...
- Social Media Director for...
- Science Writer for Online...
- Crowdsource Funding Campaign –...
- Web Designer/Developer needed
- Manage Resource Directory
- Native English Portuguese...
- Social Media Volunteer
- Research Database Coordinator –...
- Board Development for Exciting...
- Popular Science Writer for...
- Video, Multimedia for...