Executive Assistant at Exciting Environmental Nonprofit!
DONATE TO THIS
63 people are interested
Who we are
Remineralize the Earth (RTE) is a Northampton, MA-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization engaged in a variety of projects both domestically and internationally that promote the use of finely ground rock dust and sea-based minerals to restore soils. Through our education and outreach, projects, research, and advocacy, RTE facilitates a worldwide movement that brings together gardeners and farmers, scientists and policymakers, and the public to regenerate soils and forests around the world, increase the nutritional quality and yield of food, and stabilize the climate through carbon sequestration.
We work with local and virtual volunteers on a program management system called Basecamp. Our team is made up of federal work-study students as well as graduate students, researchers, and other professionals.
Please take a look at our website: https://remineralize.org/
Looking for an assistant to work along with the Executive Director of the international nonprofit organization Remineralize the Earth, whose office is just a short walk from downtown Northampton.
Description of potential projects/tasks include:
- Communicating with volunteers worldwide and learning how to work with our project management system (Basecamp).
- Familiarizing yourself with the workings of a nonprofit organization. (Particularly interested in students who are considering a career as non-profit professionals or are committed to environmental activism or have a science and environmental background.)
- Writing and editing articles and other additions for our website, including the research section.
- Assisting the Executive Director in bridging and sustaining relationships with remineralization scientists and companies, international coordinators, etc. via letters and email.
- Searching the Internet for resources to fill databases for remineralization research and worldwide rock dust sources.
- Potentially creating your own projects based on your level of interest.
- Organizing files, filling out forms, and performing other related administrative non-profit tasks.
Other skills that not required, but would be greatly appreciated include CSS, Joomla, web programming. Knowledge of additional languages. Additionally, experience with grant writing, fundraising, and other nonprofit management skills would be helpful, but is not necessary.
Please email us your resume and/or LinkedIn URL and let us know how many hours per week that you would like to volunteer for RTE and some good times to speak with you and we will get back to you with a time. Skype to Skype is preferred or otherwise, we will call you on your telephone number from Skype. Make sure to send your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Remineralize the Earth
152 South Street
Northampton, MA 01060 USA
Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase
18 More opportunities with Remineralize the Earth, Towards a Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and Climate17 Reviews
We'll work with your schedule.
152 South StreetNorthampton, MA 01060
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Basic Computer Skills
- Program Management
- Reading / Writing
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Must be at least 18
- 6-20 hours per week
- Time commitment depends on availability