Assistant to Executive Director
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where152 South StreetNorthampton, MA 01060
Looking for an assistant to work along with the Executive Director of international nonprofit organization Remineralize the Earth, whose office is just a short walk from downtown Northampton.
Description of potential projects/tasks:
- We work with lots of volunteers worldwide and you will learn how to work with our project management system (37 Signals) and work together on developing documents.
- Experience with grant writing, fundraising and other nonprofit management skills would be great, but not necessary.
- An opportunity to learn a lot about the workings of a nonprofit organization. Particularly interested in students who are considering a career as non-profit professionals or are committed to environmental activism or have a science and environmental background.
- Assistant will work on our website, write and edit articles and other additions to the website, including the research section.
- Will communicate through letters and emails with remineralization scientists and companies, international coordinators, and other ongoing networking.
- Possibility of searching the Internet for resources to fill databases for remineralization research and worldwide rock dust sources.
- Possibility to create your own projects based on your level of interest.
- Some work may involve non-profit administrative work such as organizing files, filling out forms, etc.
- Other skills (not required but greatly appreciated!): CSS, Joomla, web programming. Knowledge of additional languages.
Contact us for further information.
We are often flooded with inquiries and may not be able to get back to everyone. We will contact you if you seem like you would be a great fit for us. When responding please include an attached resume in PDF or .doc form, along with how many hours per week you are able to volunteer. Thank you so much for considering volunteering with RTE!
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-20 hours per week
- Time commitment depends on availability
More opportunities with Remineralize the Earth, Towards a Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry and Climate
- Crowdsource Funding Campaign –...
- Promoting Nonprofit Through...
- Webmaster needed for our ...
- GRANT WRITING: Help our...
- Resource Directory Coordinator
- Analyze Results of Our Latest...
- Translators for inspiring...
- Popular Science Writer for...
- Assistant to Executive Director
- Social Media Specialist
- Volunteer for Organizing...