I. Position Description: Event Planning Coordinator
This position will involve planning, coordination and promotion of events (such as job fairs, meetings, and conferences) for the Environmental Community and its member organizations. This position reports to the assigned Event Manager. It requires a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
II. Event Planning Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research for prospective meeting location/sites/venues (including meeting and exhibit space, lodging, food and beverages, telecommunications, audio-visual requirements, transportation, security, and any other event necessities) and participate in the Location/Site selection process.
- Develop and maintain all resources and communication schedules needed for the meeting or convention, such as e-mail, voice mail, video, and online communication.
- Manage event communication, develop and update event and sub-project timelines and utilize tools such as a detailed events calendar.
- Assist with financial/budgetary management, to include: forecasting of event size, resource needs, and costs for each aspect of the event; conducting research to determine the most advantageous pricing, negotiation of contracts with suppliers/facilities/service providers; management of supplier/provider relationships, and ensuring timely and accurate product and service delivery and invoicing.
- Administer/coordinate all aspects of meeting logistics, to include event registration and payment, admission to the event, issuance of ID badges, etc.
- Research options and assist with the coordination of all necessary event support services, such as transportation, first aid/safety, security, transportation, accommodation, catering and/or food and beverage service.
- Work with various teams to ensure overall planning success and to compile periodic reports.
III. Public Relations and Marketing Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Event Planning and Marketing staff to develop marketing, outreach and PR strategies for TEC Events.
- Create and/or update assigned event websites and social media accounts.
- Research and summarize free and low cost marketing and advertising opportunities to promote the assigned event(s.)
- Assist in the development and/or distribution of press releases, advertisements and public service announcements for the assigned event(s.)
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Executive Assistant - Corporate...
- Gulf Wetlands Intern
- Applications and Infrastructure...
- Animal Rights Manager
- Administrative Assistant - ...
- Social Change Leader
- Environmental Health Manager
- Events Coordinator-Education
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Artist:
- Communication Managers
- Chapter & Club Managers
- Financial Planning Manager
- Web TV Media Assistant Manager
- Eco-Points Website (EPW) Manager
- Environmental Presenter
- Wildlife Corridors Assistant...
- Networks Development Manager
- Planning Manager
- Investment Banker