67 people are interested
Companion Hospice Visitor in Aurora, Batavia, Geneva and St. Charles
ORGANIZATION: Heartland Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
67 people are interested
Are you a good listener? Are you looking to serve your community with purpose?
Become a ProMedica Volunteer! Our Volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra care our patients and their families need.
Many patients are unable to get out and socialize as they used to. Our Volunteers bring the socialization to them and help to decrease feelings of isolation. Volunteers spend time with our patients sitting, talking, reading & listening to music.
As a hospice volunteer, you will be oriented to the hospice program so you can understand our caring philosophy and goals. We work with your schedule & match you with patients in your community, so contact us today and let's make a difference together!
Under "Volunteer Comments", please write why you are interested in this volunteer opportunity.
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING. Thank you so much!
About Heartland Hospice
Administrative Office, 1010 Executive Drive Suite 200, Westmont, IL 60559, US
Our Mission is to improve your health and well-being.
Heartland Hospice volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help. Some interact directly with patients and families. Others prefer to work behind the scenes in the office setting. As a volunteer, you help determine which tasks you’re best suited to perform. The tasks of volunteers include:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading, or providing a comforting touch
- Playing or singing soothing music to patients
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
These and other tasks are why hospice volunteers are such an essential part of the Heartland experience.
Multiple locations Geneva, IL 60134
December 26, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 month commitment, 2 visits per patient per month.
- Valid Driver's License and Reliable Transportation. Ability to complete 2 TB Tests and Reflex Test at Concentra Facility (This is 100% covered by us). Consent to Background Check( We complete the test).