Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Volunteer
Kaiser Permanente LAMC
Our ideal volunteer will be interested in a nursing career, able to provide customer service with a smile, energetic, dependable, reliable and detail oriented.
** Candidates must be an active nursing student, student completing nursing pre-req's or have nursing degree**
Service Duties include:
- Round on waiting room and ensure that it is cleaned up and ready for our members.
- Orient the patients to their room upon admission.
- Round (check-in) on patients
- Act as a companion for appropriate patients
- Deliver blankets, towels, washcloths, beverages as approved, read to the patient or provide magazines and books.
- Ensure Care Boards are updated and accurate
- Answer Phones, make calls
- Support and/or complete ancillary support tasks as assigned by the Ward Clerk/Charge Nurse
- Accept deliveries
- Assist with transportation of discharged patients to their vehicles
- Assist with mobilization of patients
Hours of Service - Monday - Sunday Shifts: 8:00 - Noon, Noon - 4:00 and 4:00 - 8:00 pm
About Kaiser Permanente LAMC
4867 Sunset Blvd, Volunteer Services Department, Los Angeles, CA 90027, US
The Volunteer Services Department at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center was established to develop and maintain a caring, compassionate and efficient volunteer staff who offer an extra dimension of care and services to our members and their families without replacing any paid positions throughout the Medical Center campus.
The Los Angeles Medical Center (LAMC) Volunteer Services Department consists of over 800 volunteers, donating thousands of hours in 40 different areas of the hospital, mostly in patient care areas. Kaiser LAMC is the Tertiary Center for all of the So. Cal Kaisers, our specialties include the Heart Center, Stroke Center, Neuro Center and many more. We also are one of three Pediatric Specialty Care Centers for Kaiser Permanente So Cal.
Our volunteers experience a high level opportunity to interact with our members whether it be at the front desk greeting and checking in our members or as a Care Partner in the nursing units.
Our volunteers get first hand experience interacting with our physcians, nurses and other healthcare professionals, who are invested in growing the next generation of healthcare providers.
Steps to become a Volunteer:
A commitment of 200 hours per year served our patients needs best. Prior to applying to be a volunteer, please ensure that you can help out for the entire 200 hours required.
To obtain an application please copy and paste the following URL and submit to the volunteer office: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=2054278339