Looking to gain or utilize your office skills to benefit others? Local seniors and individuals with disabilities need your help to get to medical appointments. You can make a difference by helping coordinate rides as an office assistant.
Community Thread's Chore Services & Transportation Program recruits, trains, and maintains a team of volunteers that provide door-to-door transportation service and home maintenance assistance for Stillwater Area School District seniors and others who are unable to drive themselves to medical appointments or complete home chores.
We are currently looking for individuals who have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to assist in the Chore Services & Transportation Program office. As an Office Assistant, you will:
- help match volunteer drivers to local recipients who need rides to medical appointments or help around the house
- use your phone and customer service skills to benefit others
- utilize your organization and computer skills by assisting the Program Manager with reports, surveys and meetings/events
- have a flexible schedule; we ask that you are available for a minimum of 4 hours/month between 9:00-1:00pm Monday-Friday
- commit to volunteer with us for a minimum of 3 months
Volunteers must complete an application; we check references and complete a background check. An orientation and training are also required. Contact us today to learn more about the application process!
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours/month for 3 months