153 people are interested
Foster Parents for Cats & Kittens
ORGANIZATION: Candy's Cats, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
153 people are interested
Foster parents provide a temporary home for a rescued cat until they find their forever homes. The more fosters we have, the more lives we can save!
Full Time Fosters take in a cat or kitten from our intake queue or from another foster and provide temporary housing until they are adopted and placed in their forever home. This can be as short as one week or take several weeks or longer.
Kitten Fosters are responsible for caring for the youngest arrivals until they are adopted. A Kitten Foster typically fosters a litter of kittens that are not yet fully vaccinated. They require a little more care and attention so kitten fosters should have a somewhat flexible schedule.
Medical Fosters are responsible for caring for kittens or cats who require around the clock medical attention. Training is provided. Medical experience is preferred. Must be willing to wake up every couple of hours if needed. It's not for the faint of heart, but the reward of seeing your medical foster recover and thrive is an experience you will never forget.
Bottle Mommies and Daddies When a kitten is without a mother, it's up to us to lend a hand. Must be willing to wake up every 2-3 hours, stimulate them to go potty and help to save the smallest of the small. Training is provided.
Your commitment to foster is:
* You provide a safe environment and daily care
* You provide unconditional love and affection
* You bring your foster to Candy's Cats adoption events
* You help our adoption coordinator (AC) by providing up-to-date information and photos of your foster pet. You can also help to marketiour foster cat for adoption.
* Letting us know if you need help!
* Routine and emergency medical care at one of our partner vets...at no cost to you.
* Essential supplies
* Marketing of your cat by posting him or her on multiple websites
* Access to adoption events every weekend, a great way to find loving homes for your fosters
* Support by our network of volunteers who are here to help and do anything we can to make fostering a great experience!
Fostering is the most hands-on volunteer opportunity available in rescue! The number of cats we can save depends on the number of fosters we have helping us.
If you are interested in becoming a foster volunteer, please fill out the foster volunteer form at https://forms.gle/4TLn8MAsZDa8ozWQ9
About Candy's Cats, Inc.
307 W. Main Street, Apopka, FL 32712, US
Candy's Cats mission is simple; to save cats. The rescue focuses on stray cats; the ones who are least likely to be saved without our intervention.
Candy's Cat s Inc. (CCI) was founded and incorporated in 2005 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, no-kill cat rescue. Based in Apopka FL, CCI has volunteers and foster homes spread across 3 Central Florida counties. Since 2005 CCI has saved thousands of cats and has built a solid reputation in the community. The CCI team is passionate about saving cats. The rescue has active adoption programs with two pet stores, a fundraising program that finances the organization, and a TNR program that helps the feral cats in the community.
Winter Garden / Windermere / Ocoee / SW OrlandoApopka / Altamonte SpringsOrlando / Winter ParkApopka, FL 32712
February 8, 2024
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 19
- Community service hours for fostering are 20 hours per week for a litter of four or more kittens and 10 hours a week for smaller litters (3 or less) and older kitties or cats.
- Must be able to transport fosters to one of four partnering veterinarians and transport them to the adoption events at the location that is closest to your home.