On the last Wednesday of every month, TrueNorth hosts a Feeding America mobile food truck and distributes food to families in Newaygo County. Volunteers are needed to help distribute food to and carry food to their cars after they go through the line. There is also a Free Community Breakfast before the food truck begins that is hosted by Reeman Christian Reformed Church. Come join us for breakfast and to help distribute food to families in Newaygo County.
- Respectfully assist those who are visiting the mobile food pantry
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Work cooperatively alongside other volunteers
Qualifications and Skills:
- A passion to help those in need
- Self motivated and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate respect and discretion regarding those in need of services and others you may come in contact with
Time Commitment: To assist with the Mobile Food Pantry, volunteers are needed from 9:30am-11:00am on the last Wednesday of every month except December. Breakfast starts at 7:30am
Please contact Phil Gabel at 231.924.0641 ext. 119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Project FOCUS After School Program
- Home Maintenance Class Instructor
- LifeLink Monitor
- Adult Literacy or ESL Tutor
- No-sew fleece blankets for...
- Meet & Greet - Food Pantry
- Knitting Volunteers
- Gardening Volunteer
- Food Pantry Client Care
- Repackage food for needy families!
- Mobile Food Pantry
- Advisory Committee Member