Meet & Greet volunteers greet families before they access the TrueNorth Food Pantry. They also enter important, confidential information into a computer database. Volunteers are trained on the job and a background check is required before volunteering. Must commit to a weekly schedule and be available for a 4-hour morning or afternoon shift.
- Respectfully assist those who are visiting the food pantry
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Work cooperatively alongside other volunteers
- Help families update personal information and enter the information onto a computer database
- Create identification cards for new pantry visitors
Qualifications and Skills:
- Volunteers must be 18
- Computer and data entry experience required
- Friendly and respectful hosting skills
- A passion to help those in need
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task
- Self motivated and efficient in a sometimes fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate respect and discretion regarding those in need of services and others you may come in contact with
Time Commitment: Volunteers must commit to a permanent weekly schedule and must be available for a 4-hour morning or afternoon shift.
Please contact Phil Gabel at 231.924.0641 ext. 119 or email email@example.com to volunteer.
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Project FOCUS After School Program
- Home Maintenance Class Instructor
- LifeLink Monitor
- Adult Literacy or ESL Tutor
- No-sew fleece blankets for...
- Meet & Greet - Food Pantry
- Knitting Volunteers
- Gardening Volunteer
- Food Pantry Client Care
- Repackage food for needy families!
- Mobile Food Pantry
- Advisory Committee Member