21 people are interested
This is an opportunity for individuals, friends, and families to prepare and serve the evening meal to our residents and caregivers at any one of our four community care homes.
- The meals are family style and everyone eats together . . . including the cooks!
- We are looking for a commitment of a once a month rotation, but are open to different frequencies as well.
- Orientation of the kitchen, program and house will be provided.
- The evening meal is served between 4:30 & 6:00pm. The residents like to eat earlier rather than later.
For many people, eating dinner together has become a lost art. But, it proves to be a simple, effective way to build relationships. Sharing a meal together can be a place of connectedness and simple joy. Family meals lead to better physical and mental health, as well as better nutritional intake.
This is a great way to help preserve family mealtime, and to provide a little extra comfort and care to our residents living with HIV. And, it's a great opportunity for people who love to cook & and love to eat! (However, gourmet cooking skills are NOT required!)Please contact Debbie Wyman, Community Outreach Coordinator at 612.236.9528 for more information.
The location varies. We have 4 community care homes; all in S. Minneapolis. We'll find the best location that works for you!
We'll work with your schedule.
VariesMinneapolis, MN 55413
- Cooking / Catering
- Relationship Building
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On average 2 1/2 hours/month.
- Attend a one-hour Journey Home Program PRIOR to starting as part of our orientation.