This is an opportunity for individuals, friends, and families to prepare and serve the evening meal to our residents and caregivers at any one of our four community care homes.
- The meals are family style and everyone eats together . . . including the cooks!
- We are looking for a commitment of a once a month rotation, but are open to different frequencies as well.
- Orientation of the kitchen, program and house will be provided.
- The evening meal is served between 4:30 & 6:00pm. The residents like to eat earlier rather than later.
For many people, eating dinner together has become a lost art. But, it proves to be a simple, effective way to build relationships. Sharing a meal together can be a place of connectedness and simple joy. Family meals lead to better physical and mental health, as well as better nutritional intake.
This is a great way to help preserve family mealtime, and to provide a little extra comfort and care to our residents living with HIV. And, it's a great opportunity for people who love to cook & and love to eat! (However, gourmet cooking skills are NOT required!)Please contact Debbie Wyman, Community Outreach Coordinator at 612.236.9528 for more information.
The location varies. We have 4 community care homes; all in S. Minneapolis. We'll find the best location that works for you!
- Cooking / Catering
- Relationship Building
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On average 2 1/2 hours/month.
- Attend a one-hour Journey Home Program PRIOR to starting as part of our orientation.