CentraCare Health Hospice Program is seeking men and women who are interested in Volunteering. We are currently looking for volunteers in St.Cloud, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, Foley, Milaca, Monticello, Becker, Paynesville and the surrounding areas. We are seeking individuals who want to provide emotional support and practical assistance to those facing end of life. We offer flexible training options to fit your busy schedules. Please consider making a difference in your community. If you are a person who has the compassion and desire to serve the dying by helping them live their final weeks and months to the fullest.
Hospice volunteers are an instrumental part of the hospice team. They provide emotional support and practical assistance, which enhances the comfort and quality of life of hospice patients, their families and loved ones. Due to the intensity of training and orientation, as well as nature of working with people at the end of life, we ask that volunteers commit to volunteering with our program for a minimum of 1 year.
Hospice volunteers may be utilized in many ways, including supportive listening, assisting with social activities, providing supportive services such as shopping and transportation, and assistance in the bereavement process. Respite care is an important volunteer function, allowing family members to take time for themselves. Volunteer coordinators work closely with families and patients to match their specific needs with volunteer services. St. Cloud Hospital Hospice Program provides services to patients and families living within a 45-mile radius of St. Cloud, MN.
We seek volunteers who:
- Commit to consistently share time with a patient and family
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are in good physical and emotional health
- Appropriately adjust to significant losses in one’s own life
- Provide own transportation
- Complete hospice volunteer training
- Portray emotional stability and are comfortable with the subject of death
- Are motivated to assist with the dying or bereaved
- Are sensitive to the needs of other
- Tolerate cultural and religious differences
- Have ability to cope with the stress of continual multiple losses
- Have a sense of humor and positive approach to life
- Willingly help others
- Are flexible, patient & reliable
- Have effective communication and listening skills
- Are able to respect and maintain patient and family rights and confidentiality
A Hospice Story
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours / month
- Join Project HEAL
- General Orientation Tour Guide
- Pet Partners (Animal Assisted...
- STEP Force - Emergency Trauma...
- Bird Buddy - Melrose
- Hospice Volunteer
- Heart Failure Support Group Helper
- Recovery Plus - Recovery Coaches
- Monticello Same Day Surgery...
- Clara's House
- Resident Helper / 1:1 - Melrose
- Cardiac Rehab
- Life Legacy Hospice Volunteers
- STEP Force (Speedy Transport...
- St. Benedict Senior Community -...
- Medical Alert Service...
- Auxiliary - Paynesville
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Stearns Place - Paynesville
- Red Cross Blood Drive Helper -...