Be a Peer Coach - help older adults manage fear of falling
17 people are interested
"A Matter of Balance" is designed to help older adults manage concerns about falls and increase their physical activity. Volunteer coaches are trained to provide this program which is conducted in eight two-hour sessions and uses group discussion, problem-solving strategies, videos and gentle physical exercise.
- Coaches need good communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, dependability and a willingness to lead small groups of older adults.
- Full training is provided so that coaches can demonstrate and lead balance promoting exercises and guide discussions on attitudes about falling and causes of falls.
- The two-part coach training class combines video, group discussion, exercise activities, use of workbook, and practice teaching activities. All materials are supplied.
- Coaches also need to be able to lead low to moderate level exercise.
- Coaches over the age of 55 are particularly sought for peer-led classes.
COACH TRAINING TO BE SCHEDULED REGULARLY. CLASS SIZE LIMITED. CONTACT US TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION
We'll work with your schedule.
1900 South Clinton Avenue & throughout Monroe CounRochester, NY 14618
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hour training; facilitate 2 classes per year
- Attend coach training 3-4 times/year