DONATE TO THIS
223 people are interested
Front Desk & Reception Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
223 people are interested
Front desk and reception volunteers are the first of many friendly faces families and visitors see when they come to our House. A front desk/reception volunteer combines altruism with detailed organizational skills. You will greet visitors, support guests with details about the House programs (such as mealtimes), give tours, answer phones, schedule activities, accept deliveries/donations, greet donors, provide and help keep our great room tidy and welcoming. You may also assist with special projects including toy/clothing distributions, building welcome bags for guests, data entry, mailings and filing, and other administrative tasks.
This is a great volunteer opportunity to do with a friend. Many shifts have openings for two volunteers!
With our front doors closed to daily visitors due to COVID-19 restrictions, having volunteer shifts filled at the front desk to help guests navigate new processes is more important than ever!
- Provide support to the House guest services staff. This position combines guest services with administrative assistant duties.
- Complete administrative assignments with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Demonstrate excellent service while interacting with guests, visitors, donors, staff, volunteers, etc. over the phone (answer phones, transfer calls, take accurate messages) and in person.
- Be the information "go to person" for donors, guests, and volunteers about the House activities and operations.
- Bring your cheerful and helpful approach to your assignments to create a warm, supportive environment for all who live, work, and visit the House.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to easily work with a diverse population.
- Demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and empathy when working with guests and visitors.
- Proven clerical experience answering phones, photocopying, faxing, scanning, and filing.
- Proficient with computer applications and databases (e.g., MS Office; Internet searches).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including vocabulary, grammar and spelling.
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision, and as an integral team member.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, competing tasks and requests.
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs (accommodations made for those who cannot lift).
07:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Start your morning off right by being here for family guests of our House.
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
You make a difference by being here!
11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Bring on the love to share with families at our House.
03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Fill an afternoon with service and fun when you volunteer here!
- 05:00 PM to 07:15 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
7 More opportunities with Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego1 Review
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego
2929 Children's Way, San Diego, CA 92123, US
Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego provides a "home away from home" for families with children being treated for serious, often life-threatening conditions at local hospitals.
At San Diego’s Ronald McDonald House, we know that children need their parents to be strong. We provide an essential "home away from home" where families may take care of their own basic needs while remaining just minutes from their child's hospital bedside. Research shows that when families stay close to their hospitalized child, the child heals faster and the family copes better. This year, we’ll house over 1,500 families, providing meals, computer access, laundry and exercise facilities, and much more, all in an environment where families may connect with others who understand what they’re going through. Depending on their child’s condition, families may stay at our House for days, weeks, or even months at a time.
2929 Children's WaySan Diego, CA 92123
May 17, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One four-hour shift per week.
- Make an impact in our community in a hopeful way! Excellent opportunity to work in a professional environment to build your network and resume, or to continue to make a difference in San Diego on a professional level by volunteering.