Come As You Are is a social program that provides adults with special needs and developmental disabilities with an opportunity to have fun in a caring and inviting atmosphere. Volunteers engage participants in activities that include music, games, dancing, and an annual talent show, holiday party, and picnic. Make new friends and put a smile on someone's face.
Ways to Help
- Friend - build positive relationships with participants through games and other activities. This role is group friendly, youth friendly, and ESL friendly.
- Volunteer for a minimum of two 2 hour shifts per month.
- Shifts include the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
- Come As You Are events are scheduled September - early June. The program does not take place over the summer (mid June through August).
- An ongoing commitment is preferred; however, short term and one-time volunteers are also welcome.
- Make a positive impact in your community with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff.
- Form meaningful connections, and gain valuable experience serving people with special needs and developmental disabilities.
- Each year, volunteers build positive relationships with over 150 people with special needs and developmental disabilities.
At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Help Feed our Neighbors in Need
- Provide Fun Activities for...
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Intake Workers for Holiday Program
- Holiday Program Food & Clothing...
- Front Desk Administrative...
- Make Friendly Phone Calls to our...
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Grounds & Building Assistant
- Drive our Neighbors in Need to...
- Thrift Store Cashiers