IT'S EASY TO GET INVOLVED:
You don't have to change yourself to change a life.
- Meet up twice a month, 2 hours each time.
- Attend Free events hosted by H.E.R.O. including baseball games, bowling, indoor skydiving, opera, and more.
- Additional continuing education provided.
Just be a friend. Provide a listening hear. Be consistent and committed.
Why HERO children need mentors?
Children and adolescents who are living with HIV/AIDS--and those who have infected residential relatives--experience fear, hopelessness, depression, low self-esteem, anger, lack of communication, the inability to properly resolve conflict and emotional outbursts. Infected and affected children are victims of discrimination, have to cope with 'end of life' issues, are taunted by their peers, and often have to deal with the trauma of watching a loved one die. These children need a support system that is sensitive to, proactive and creative in meeting their specific needs.
Get involved with the Super HEROes Mentoring Program today!
Please note: HERO children are located throughout the metro Atlanta area, and outings with the children depend on the mentor, mentees, and parents coordinating.
- Be at least 22 years of age.
- Be able to pass a background screening (MVR, sex offender, criminal, SS# verification, and reference check)
- Have reliable vehicle
- Be willing to mentor child for a minimum of 2 years
H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.'s mission is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS, in Georgia, through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences and connections with the community.