Be the mentor you had or wish you had!
DONATE TO THIS
367 people are interested
IT'S EASY TO GET INVOLVED:
- Meet up twice a month, 2 hours each time.
- Attend Free events hosted by H.E.R.O. including baseball games, bowling, indoor skydiving, opera, and more.
- Additional continuing education provided.
Why HERO children need mentors?
Children and adolescents who are living with HIV/AIDS--and those who have infected residential relatives--experience fear, hopelessness, depression, low self-esteem, anger, lack of communication, the inability to properly resolve conflict and emotional outbursts. Infected and affected children are victims of discrimination, have to cope with 'end of life' issues, are taunted by their peers, and often have to deal with the trauma of watching a loved one die. These children need a support system that is sensitive to, proactive and creative in meeting their specific needs.
Get involved with the Super HEROes Mentoring Program today!
Please note: HERO children are located throughout the metro Atlanta area, and outings with the children depend on the mentor, mentees, and parents coordinating.
- Be at least 22 years of age.
- Be able to pass a background screening (MVR, sex offender, criminal, SS# verification, and reference check)
- Have reliable vehicle
- Be willing to mentor child for a minimum of 2 years
H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.'s mission is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS, in Georgia, through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences and connections with the community.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.
580 W. Crossville Road, Suite 204, Roswell, GA 30075, US
The mission of H.E.R.O. for Children is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences, and connections with the community.
H.E.R.O. for Children is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
We define 'Quality of Life' as the degree of physical, social, and emotional well-being an individual enjoys while being able to envision and attain unlimited future success and fulfillment. At H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc., quality of life programming seeks to achieve the following:
- Bridge gaps, created by personal and societal factors related to being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, which can diminish a child's potential to succeed
- Expand life exposure through a wide range of opportunities and events that allow children to experience the normal joys of childhood
- Increase social, interpersonal, and academic skills so that children are able to accomplish age-appropriate milestones, compete with their peers, and perform normal tasks of living
- Improve children's perceptions of their future prospects and overall life possibilities
- Create opportunities that will increase children's ability to function effectively, despite being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, and become contributing members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
580 W. Crossville RoadSuite 204Roswell, GA 30075
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 2 year commitment
- Own a reliable vehicle