PAY IT FORWARD.
Be A Mentor.
Now's the time!
- You only have to be a friend.
- You and the mentee will both benefit from the relationship.
- You only need two hours, twice a month to impact a life.
Why HERO children need mentors?
Children and adolescents who are living with HIV/AIDS--and those who have infected residential relatives--experience fear, hopelessness, depression, low self-esteem, anger, lack of communication, the inability to properly resolve conflict and emotional outbursts. Infected and affected children are victims of discrimination, have to cope with end of life issues, are taunted by their peers, and often have to deal with the trauma of watching a loved one die. These children need a support system that is sensitive to, proactive and creative in meeting their specific needs.
Get involved with the Super HEROes Mentoring Program today!
Please note: HERO children are located throughout the metro Atlanta area, and outings with the children depends on mentor, mentees and parents coordinating.
- Must be at least 22 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a background screening (MVR, sex offender, criminal, SS# verification, and reference check)
- Have reliable vehicle
- Be willing to mentor child for a minimum of 2 years
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS, in Georgia, through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences and connections with the community.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 2 year commitment
- Dependable vehicle