H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Health & Medicine
Location580 W. Crossville RoadSuite 204Roswell, GA 30075 United States
The mission of H.E.R.O. for Children is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences, and connections with the community.
H.E.R.O. for Children is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
We define 'Quality of Life' as the degree of physical, social, and emotional well-being an individual enjoys while being able to envision and attain unlimited future success and fulfillment. At H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc., quality of life programming seeks to achieve the following:
- Bridge gaps, created by personal and societal factors related to being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, which can diminish a child's potential to succeed
- Expand life exposure through a wide range of opportunities and events that allow children to experience the normal joys of childhood
- Increase social, interpersonal, and academic skills so that children are able to accomplish age-appropriate milestones, compete with their peers, and perform normal tasks of living
- Improve children's perceptions of their future prospects and overall life possibilities
- Create opportunities that will increase children's ability to function effectively, despite being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, and become contributing members of society.
Would you recommend H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.?
1 review Write a review
(August 25, 2016)
It is a wonderful place with a great vision. I would come back to volunteer with the children rather than be in the office setting. I was looking to learn a bit more of the ins and outs of how a non profit operates and I still feel I could have gotten more. It was a friendly laid back environment. Working with the volunteer coordinator was just fine. Due to outside business, there were times I was not needed to come in.