Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of H.E.R.O. for Children is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences, and connections with the community.
H.E.R.O. for Children is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
We define 'Quality of Life' as the degree of physical, social, and emotional well-being an individual enjoys while being able to envision and attain unlimited future success and fulfillment. At H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc., quality of life programming seeks to achieve the following:
- Bridge gaps, created by personal and societal factors related to being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, which can diminish a child's potential to succeed
- Expand life exposure through a wide range of opportunities and events that allow children to experience the normal joys of childhood
- Increase social, interpersonal, and academic skills so that children are able to accomplish age-appropriate milestones, compete with their peers, and perform normal tasks of living
- Improve children's perceptions of their future prospects and overall life possibilities
- Create opportunities that will increase children's ability to function effectively, despite being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, and become contributing members of society.
H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc. accepts donations. Donate Now.
- Nadia Eliacin-Desamours
- Need admin access?