Cat Adoption Counselor
40 people are interested
POA is looking for volunteer adoption counselors to help match potential adopters with available cats and kittens. Placement Team Volunteers greet potential adopters, answer questions about the cats and kittens in our care, help in the selection of a perfect companion, and handle adoption paperwork. Adoption Counselor Training will be provided.
Hours: Saturdays from 10-4:30 (all or alternate); and/or the first Wednesday of each month from 5-7:30. Time commitment required: 10+ hours per month; Six Month Commitment Required.
- Compassion for animals and people
- Knowledge of cat behavior & comfortable handling cats & kittens
- Good people skills/customer service
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals of POA
- Motivated, outgoing, polite, and professional manner
- Team player, able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to follow instructions & training
- Physical requirements - Standing on feet 4-6 hours, bending, reaching, kneeling, walking while performing job functions.
About Protectors of Animals
144 Main Street, East Hartford, CT 06118, US
The Protectors of Animals (P.O.A.) is a 501c3 non-profit all volunteer, all donation organization whose mission is to rescue stray, abused, abandoned and impounded cats and dogs. P.O.A. promotes spay/neuter prior to adoption preventing over population and the unnecessary euthansia of our companion cats and dogs. Our mission statement " To improve the lives of dogs and cats in the communities we serve."
P.O.A. was founded in 1975 and is run mainly by volunteers as we have one employee that oversees the medical care of the cats at the adoption center. We rescue, rehabilitate and rehome animals into loving homes, promote animal spaying/neutering, combat cruelty to animals and educate the public on animal care and welfare.
We'll work with your schedule.
144 Main StreetEast Hartford, CT 06118
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hrs a month
- 6 month commitment; Health Insurance