63 people are interested
Graphic Artist "Designer"
ORGANIZATION: Urban Development Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
63 people are interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization doing work in the inner-city neighborhoods of Detroit.
We are in need of a very creative graphic artist "designer" who has the availability of time and willingness to volunteer their time to assist our organization with our graphic needs. Preferably an artist who has a degree in graphic design, work experience and availability of portfolio of work for review.
Great volunteer opportunity for graphic artist seeking to showcase their creativity by volunteering to help our nonprofit organization doing work to improve Detroit.
23 More opportunities with Urban Development Corporation2 Reviews
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 4, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Must be at least 21
- 10 hours / month for 6 months.
- Willingness to volunteer to utilize skills as a graphic artist to help a nonprofit organization.