Duties: Inspect, sort, and box food (produce, canned and packaged) for agency distribution. Activity is based upon availability of product.
Individuals: Volunteer orientation required prior to helping. Once you complete orientation feel free to show up on a Tuesday or Thursday from 7:30am-10:30am.
For Groups: No volunteer orientation required for groups. We ask that you contact the volunteer department firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of available dates and two hour shift times. Groups over 15 are asked to split up to glean, garden, or tour the food bank. Bookings are on a first come, first served basis and is subject to product availability.
Things to know for food sorting group activity:
- Required minimum of 6 people/15 maximum to enjoy this fun activity.
- Attire: Closed toed shoes, layered casual clothing. Anyone wearing flip flops or other inappropriate shoes will not be able to participate.
- All participants must be able to walk, bend and lift boxes of product weighing up to 35 lbs without assistance.
- Age requirement: 12 years of age or older.
- Upon arrival we will ask for each volunteer to sign in and to sign our liability waiver prior to participating in this activity.
- Free public parking. Please do not park in front of the Channel Islands Roofing building. Park in any open spaces directly in front of FOOD Share buildings or on the sides or back of the 4156 FOOD Share building. You can drive across Lambert and park on the South side of Southbank Road or park on Lambert and then walk to the FOOD Share building.
Activity is based upon product availability. There are times in the year October and November that we no longer have food available to sort and need to reschedule group(s).
To check out other volutneer opportunties FOOD Share offers please visit us at www.foodshare.com/volunteer/
- Resource Development / Management
- Public Relations
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours
- Must be 12 years of age. Groups must be a minimum of 6 or a maximum of 15 people