- Volunteers are trained to offer reading support to children in grades 2 - 5.
- Each volunteer is matched with a student and meets with that student one hour a week during the school day (9:00 - 3:15).
- Tutoring runs from October through June 1st, and follows the public school schedule of vacations.
- Tutoring is done in a classroom.
- A Power to Read staff member is available at all times to offer support and provide instructional materials.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour each week during the school year