Become A Senior Independence Hospice Volunteer
Hospice is a special kind of caring that is person and family centered and seeks to provide support and comfort to those facing a life limiting illness.Volunteers play a large role in this effort by sharing their skills and interests in a manner that enriches the quality of life for those they serve.
The federal government also recognizes the importance of volunteers in the delivery of hospice services by requiring that Medicare-approved hospices utilize volunteers from their community.Nationally, about 100,000 people serve as hospice volunteers and give millions of hours of their time to serve terminally ill patients and their families.
How you can help
Hospice volunteers work with patients and families in a variety of ways, such as:
- Respite visits
- Spiritual support
- Bereavement support
- Errands and light housekeeping
Volunteers can also provide support to the hospice agency with clerical support, such as:
- Assembling information packets
- Assisting with mailings
- Making telephone contacts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hourss per month
- drug screen
- Music lovers wanted!!!!!
- Fabulous Volunteers needed in...
- Attention!!! Trumbull County...
- Are you looking for a way to...
- Do you like celebrating special...
- Therapy Pets and Owners Needed
- Patient Companions
- Journey Volunteer, Vigil Volunteer
- Make a difference everyday!!
- Bilingual volunteers
- Get your required school...
- Veteran Volunteers
- Bring the gift of time to a...
- Become a Hospice Volunteer...
- Help needed in the OFFICE!
- Exceptional Fundraising Volunteers
- Hospice companions in private...
- Columbiana County Ohio...