- Provide ideas & goals for upcoming season (plantings, projects, plans, ideas for corporate volunteers and plans)
- Create a plan on how to accomplish goals for the year (corporations volunteers, budget money, projects)
- Compile a budget for upcoming year to present to Board of Trustees.
- Pull together an annual report including budget for last season to close out year.
- NOTE: Budgets from previous years are available to use as a template
- Contact potential volunteers.
- Manage volunteer activities for individuals and groups.
NOTE: Plans from previous years are available on how to organize corporate eventsGarden Management (includes area in front of Office)
- Put out decorations and signs in garden for new season (letters for ABC garden, fairy garden decorations, sings for fairy garden and ABC garden)
- Prepare beds with mulch, begin planting annuals
- Water areas where sprinklers have not been installed.
- Maintain overall Children’s Garden appearance and front of office. Includes weeding and deadheading. Management of perennials by ensuring the growth and spread is maintained.
- Fall cleanup. Remove annuals. Cut back perennials. Store signs and decorations in the shed.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16