Math Classroom Coaches bring relevance and develop student confidence through interactive problem-solving, helping students discover that math applies to life outside of the classroom.
Opportunities are available in 8th grade math classes. If you would like to learn more about the program, please follow this link www.austinpartners.org/getinvolved and click on the Volunteer button if you would like to join the team!
How Classroom Coaching works:
- A team of coaches is assigned to a teacher, a small group of students, and a 45-minute weekly time slot.
- Each coach works with the same group of students each week and builds important mentoring relationships.
- The teacher and an APIE coordinator is available for support.
- Classroom Coaches add real world relevance to school work.
- Students benefit from volunteers' support and encouragement.
- Every student in the class participates, so every student benefits!
Volunteer commitment: 45 minutes once a week during the school year-about 21 weeks total.
Convenient Times & Locations: Participating schools are located throughout Austin. All opportunities occur during the school day at various times during the week.
Please contact Andrea Panter at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We hope to have you volunteer with us this year!
- Math / Science Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekly 45 minute committment