Want to help students with math? Enjoy working with middle school students? Then the Math Classroom Coaching (MCC) program is for you!! Help us help students increase their understanding of math AND their confidence in their own ability to solve math problems.
Here are some highlights of MCC:
- Volunteers work with a small group of 2-4 students once a week for 45 minutes.
- Volunteers pre-select which school and what time works best for their schedule.
- Lessons are pre-selected and provided to volunteers in advance with answers!
- APIE staff are on-site with the volunteers. Teachers remain in the classroom, and all students participate.
- Coaches complete a background check and a 1.5 hour training before working with the students.
- Volunteer sharing is also available (when 2 volunteers sign-up together and volunteer on alternate weeks).
- The Program runs from October - May and we are currently recruiting volunteers for this Spring.
Sound interesting? Feel comfortable with 8 th grade math? Sign up! We’d love to bring you into the classroom.
Please contact Andrea Panter at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We hope to have you volunteer with us this semester!
- Math / Science Instruction
- General Education
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekly 45 minute committment