A Tutor/Mentor Opportunity - Math Classroom Coaching
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
115 people are interested
Want to help students with math? Enjoy working with middle school students? Then the Math Classroom Coaching (MCC) program is for you! Help us help students increase their understanding of math AND their confidence in their own ability to solve math problems.
Here are some highlights of MCC:
- Volunteers work with a small group of students once a week for 45 minutes.
- Volunteers pre-select which school and what time works best for their schedule.
- Lessons are pre-selected and provided to volunteers in advance with answers!
- APIE staff are on-site with the volunteers. Teachers remain in the classroom, and all students participate.
- Coaches complete a background check and a 1 hour training before working with the students.
- Volunteer sharing is also available (this is when 2 volunteers sign-up together and volunteer on alternate weeks).
- The Program runs the first week of October through the first week of May.
Sound interesting? Sign up! We’d love to bring you into the classroom. We are currently recruiting and training volunteers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We hope to have you volunteer with us this year!
About Austin Partners In Education
3100 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78702, US
OUR MISSION: IMPROVE STUDENT COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS AND EXPAND STEM OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT.
Focusing on Austin ISD’s schools located in under-resourced communities and serving predominantly economically disadvantaged students, Austin Partners in Education delivers innovative, volunteer-driven academic and mentoring programs. APIE’s 1,550 volunteers work with students at pivotal junctures in their education, providing a vital extension of academic and social/emotional support to students. Through the flagship Classroom Coaching program, students benefit from small group (3:1 or below) instruction from volunteers drawn from more than 200 Austin area government agencies, businesses and community organizations.
APIE is currently implementing the following programs:
- Middle School Math Classroom Coaching: Volunteers in the classroom work weekly with students to build a strong foundation in middle school math, putting them on track to succeed in high school algebra.
- College Readiness: College Readiness Advocates provide tutoring and college access mentoring to prepare students for college-level coursework.
- Mentoring (all grades): Volunteers work one-on-one with students during the school day to help students improve their social and study skills, strengthen their communication skills, and build self-confidence.
We'll work with your schedule.
Schools throughout Austin ISDAustin, TX 78701
- Math / Science Instruction
- General Education
- Financial Literacy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekly 45 minute committment