What's Your Impact (WYI) is looking for local and virtual volunteers who is a good communicator and has strong people skills to champion our cause: teaching people how to fight climate change. WYI is an environmental awareness group who's main goal is to inform people about what is going on with global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
We are currently looking for a public relations specialist to plan, design and direct our public relations strategies. Your primary responsibilities will be to focus on outreach to the public through the use of social media as well as through email.
So if you are a dynamic person who likes spreading the news on how people can take small steps that will have a huge impact in the fight against climate change, we want to talk to you! This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Plan, develop and implement effective overall public relations strategies that will result in increased awareness about climate change and what people can do to reduce their impact.
- Implement a social media strategy (increase likes, shares, retweets, etc.), while coordinating with the marketing team to ensure its effectiveness.
- Manage social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) by posting, sharing, tweeting, and responding to any inquiries.
- Manage outreach strategy through the use of email.
- Respond to requests for information, liaising with as well as answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations.
- Knowledge of principles and methods relating to public relations strategies, with a specific focus on social media management is required.
- Capable of assessing situations to determine the strategic approach, as well as developing appropriate and accurate materials that are in line with overall social media and email outreach strategy.
- Knowledge of social media trends would be considered an asset.
- Organization and time-management skills are required, including the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Capable of forming relationships with individuals, volunteers and WYI members.
- Prior experience in social media management or public relations would be an asset.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering with What's Your Impact, what's in it for me?
1) Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
2) Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
3) Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
4) Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
5) Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
To apply visit: http://whatsyourimpact.org/get-involved/apply
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment