Are you a confident communicator? Are you a energetic connector and promoter? Do you want to use your expertise to empower people in the fight against climate change?
Then we want you on our team!
What's Your Impact (WYI) is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about what is going on with global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
We are currently looking for a public relations specialist to plan, design and direct our public relations strategies. Your primary responsibilities will be to focus on outreach to the public through the use of social media as well as through email.
So if you are a dynamic person who wants to increase awareness and champion the cause of fighting climate change, we want to talk to you!
- Plan, develop and implement effective overall public relations strategies that will result in increased awareness about climate change and what people can do to reduce their impact.
- Implement a social media strategy (increase likes, shares, retweets, etc.), while coordinating with the marketing team to ensure its effectiveness.
- Manage social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter) by posting, sharing, tweeting, and responding to any inquiries.
- Manage outreach strategy for both internal members, as well as for external use contacting environmental groups and leaders through the use of email.
- Respond to requests for information, liaising with as well as answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations.
- Knowledge of principles and methods relating to public relations strategies, with a specific focus on social media management is required.
- Capable of assessing situations to determine the strategic approach, as well as developing appropriate and accurate materials that are in line with overall social media and email outreach strategy.
- Knowledge of social media trends would be considered an asset.
- Organization and time-management skills are required, including the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Capable of forming relationships with individuals, volunteers and WYI members.
- Prior experience in social media management or public relations would be an asset.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers have the flexibility to help when they can, from where ever they want. All we require is that you volunteer for a minimum of eight hours per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering with What's Your Impact, what's in it for me?
1) Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
2) Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
3) Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
4) Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
5) Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
To apply visit: http://whatsyourimpact.org/get-involved/apply
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of eight hours per week