What's Your Impact (WYI) is looking for people who like to seek out new ways to be green and enjoy writing for a blogger position. WYI is an environmental awareness group who's main goal is to inform people about global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
Maybe you know the best stores where you can buy local or you're a veteran carpooler with advice to give or even a guru on saving electricity... Whatever your green tips and tricks are, you can help people in your area who are looking to do the same by blogging about your everyday successes! Our blog is a tool to connect people around the world and provide them the information they need to fight climate change.
So if you are a dynamic person who likes spreading the news on how people can take small steps that will have a huge impact on fighting climate change, we want to talk to you!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
- Write articles in a conversational style which will engage readers.
- Promote WYI's tips, tricks and objectives with each blog article.
- Work to publicize the blog in your area and urge more people to read as well as comment on the articles.
- Article topics include: Buying Local, Green Fashion and Beauty, Organic Food and Gardening, Climate Change News, Environment and Wildlife, Green Technology and Gadgets, Carpooling, Public Transit, Policy and Government Initiatives.
- Create, compose, and edit new and previously written materials.
- Skilled in writing, proofreading as well as editing.
- Able to write simply with a conversational style and should be informative, but not verbose.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communicate in a professional, but friendly, manner with fellow bloggers and Internet readers.
- Act as an ambassador and liaison between the organization and the Internet community.
- Able to include WYI's tips, tricks and objectives/mission throughout your articles.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering with What's Your Impact, what's in it for me?
1) Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
2) Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
3) Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
4) Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
5) Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment