You can make a difference - one life at a time.
Hold a hand. Drive a car. Use a computer. Address envelopes. Feed a pet. Make a speech. Bake a cake. Ring up a sale. Make phone calls. Listen to cherished memories. Pat a shoulder. Give a hug. Touch a heart.
Wherever you choose to volunteer at Suncoast Hospice and Empath Health, there's a place for you. Whether you want to work directly with patients and families or in another role, you can make a big difference in someone's life, including your own.
To learn more about how you can get started, call 727-523-3440 or visit http://empathhealth.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Did you know?
- Training is provided at no cost.
- Volunteer locations throughout Pinellas County.
- Daytime, evening and weekend options available.
- Opportunities to volunteer from home.
- Volunteer a few hours a week, a couple hours a month, or one-time.
- Volunteer opportunities start for teens as early as age 14. Please visit our teen volunteer page for requirements.
- No experience or medical background necessary.
Organizational/Administrative Support Opportunities
- Office Volunteers
- Empath Café Assistant
- Maintenance Support
- Special Events
- Corporate Volunteer Program
- EPIC (Empath Partners in Care)
- Choices for Care
- Program of All-Inclusive Care (PACE) - Day Center Volunteer
- Perinatal Loss Program
Patient and Family Support Volunteer Opportunities:
- Patient & Family Support
- Bereavement Volunteer Program
- Telephone Support
- Children’s Community Program Volunteer
- Empath Home Health Volunteer
- Community Counseling
- Palliative Arts
- Veterans Serving Vets
Hospice Teen Volunteer (HTV) Program
If you are a high school student who lives or attends school in Pinellas County and are between the ages of 14-18, you may become an Empath Health teen volunteer.
- Brighten the day of patients with Cheer Team visits
- Help patients record their life stories through the Lifetime Legacies program
- Throw a birthday, anniversary or anytime party for patients as a Party Pal
- Help at one of Suncoast Hospice’s Resale Shoppes
- Share your organizational and computer skills in one of our administrative offices
- Bake cookies for patients; make blankets or crafts for patient visits
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Elder care
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Varies accordingly to assignment; flexible.
- Empath Cafe Support Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Resale Shoppe...
- Volunteer Receptionist – Be a...
- Hospice Palliative Arts Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Patient/Family...
- Veterans Serving Veterans...
- Healthcare-Suncoast PACE...
- Empath Partners in Care- EPIC
- Organizational Support – Office,...
- Healthcare Volunteers - A wide...