Job Summary: Assist in the daily accounting needs of the NP MN office. Includes learning/using the financial software Quickbooks, data entry, organizing and paying invoices, and helping with further development of financial procedures and policy. Prepare the reconciliations monthly and at year end. Prefer someone with an accounting degree.Weekly Responsibilities:
- Accounts payable - prepare invoices and send routine payments
- Data Entry - A/P and A/R data entry in the Quickbooks software
- Prepare weekly financial report for management
- Prepare wire transfers as needed
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of fundraising and finance databases (Quickbooks and Raiser's Edge)
- Supervision through weekly check-ins
- Opportunity to learn the financial software Quickbooks.
- Opportunity to contribute to the long term financial policies of an international organization.
- Learning about international finance including working with different currencies, communicating with colleagues around the world, and learning NP's chart of accounts.
- Work in a professional atmosphere
Hours: 10 hours per week.
Semesters Available: All
- Please apply for fall semester August 1 - September 1
- Please apply for spring semester December 1 - January 1
- Please apply for summer session April 1 - May 1
Stipend Offered: No Stipend, this is an unpaid internship.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment