ITNStCharles provides dignified, door-to-door transportation for seniors over 65 and those with visual impairments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Volunteers enjoy a flexible schedule and drive ITN customers wherever they want to go. Some frequent destinations include medical appointments, shopping, and to visit family and friends.
Provide one afternoon a week or a few hours during the month. You'll receive training, and ITN will arrange your driving assignments and routes around your schedule. You can even pick up a rider on your way to work and do a good deed before the day's begun!
All of us have a stake in helping to ensure that older adults and the visually impaired can remain active once they stop driving. Volunteers help older people stay connected to families, friends, and activities that bring meaning to their lives--and to yours.
- You help make driving safer for everyone.
- You will receive training and can build your resume.
- You provide a positive alternative to a huge national problem by ensuring that seniors have a great choice without burdening family or friends.
- You help seniors stay independent and healthy by taking them to visit friends, to the gym or to a doctor's appointment.
- You get mileage reimbursement for occupied miles and transportation credits for unoccupied miles. Save these credits for your own future use, transfer them to a loved one or donate them to the Road Scholarship Program for low-income riders.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training